Advertising Insdustry News
Advertising News Philippines
Be updated on the industry’s latest with press releases, blogs, downloadables and more.
Stay tuned for more exciting content!
- Technology has changed the world for the better—but it must keep its human elementIn a recent Washington Post op-ed, Eric Schatzberg, author of Technology: Critical History of a Concept, made the argument that technology has been stripped of its human essence. He cites Steve Jobs, who famously said that ‘technology alone is not enough’. To create a better world, he added, we need… Read more »
- What makes a high-performing Story, according to InstagramFollowing research into the performance of thousands of Stories on its platform, Instagram has released insights on what makes them so effective. According to Facebook IQ, 58% of Story viewers become more interested in a brand after watching them featured in a Story. With 500 million monthly active users, Stories… Read more »
- Questioning the quality of location dataBrand managers may be shocked to learn that they could save up to 80% on their location-based targeting spend by removing inaccurate and poor-quality data. Despite the explosion of mobile marketing, the potential for fraud has been overlooked, and bad actors in the industry have taken advantage. With such huge… Read more »
- As banking reaches new tech heights, digital communication will play an even more critical role in CXToday’s banks are almost unrecognisable from what they were even a decade ago. Thanks to technology, the primary locus of banking has moved from the branch to the computer and, currently, the smartphone. It’s been an incredibly rapid period of evolution, which hasn’t always been easy on the industry’s incumbents.… Read more »
- Data is Money – Don’t Waste itThere are a number of things that we as a species have considered to be most valuable throughout history. In another age, it would have been normal to trade the goods you produce for salt. As society developed, salt would turn to gold and then to oil. Today marks a… Read more »
Powered by WordPress RSS Feed Retriever
- Adweek’s 2019 Podcast of the Year Is Kara Swisher’s Recode DecodeMention of Kara Swisher's name has long intimidated the elite of Silicon Valley, where the preeminent tech journalist is famous for her tenacity and larger-than-life personality. Recode Decode, her thrice-weekly podcast for Vox Media, has extended that talent for candid conversation beyond the inside baseball of the tech industry and… Read more »
- Discover the Winners of Adweek’s 2019 Podcast of the Year AwardsIf it feels like the world of podcasts has become bafflingly large, that's probably because it has. This year, an estimated 14 million more Americans--a 23% increase over 2018--became weekly podcast listeners, and the industry reached a milestone moment as 51% of Americans said they've listened to podcasts, according to… Read more »
- IHOP Kicks Off a (Really) Sweet TikTok ChallengeIHOP wants TikTok users to let its syrups do the talking or, more accurately, the singing. The restaurant chain kicked off its first-ever TikTok challenge Monday, #SyrupTurnUp. TikTok users are encouraged to have their IHOP syrup bottles "sing" along to its frenzied version of holiday classic "Silent Night," called, "Not… Read more »
- The 1980s Saw Globalization, Agency Fragmentation and Some of the Best Ads Ever MadeThis article is part of a series celebrating our being 40 Years Bold, highlighting four decades--and counting--of Adweek, whose editors look back at notable news, trends and people, and at what could be in store for the next 40 years. The mission was to sell a train. So they got… Read more »
- Too Many Women Still Feel Vulnerable Working in AdvertisingThirty-five years ago, Adweek revealed findings from a shocking survey showing that women in advertising were making 67% of what men earned. So, how are we doing today? Unfortunately, things haven't changed all that much. Women on average make 82% of what men do, and many women of color make… Read more »
Powered by WordPress RSS Feed Retriever